Princess cut diamonds are as romantic and dreamy as their name suggests. They have been very popular for they are classic and have a sparkly look that is very attractive to the naked eye. Princess cut diamonds feature an inverted pyramid with a square side and four oblique sides that allow for a brilliant sparkle because of the many facets they have. If you ultimately decide on getting a princess cut diamond or moissanites, here are some practical considerations to take into account.
- Price: Princess cut engagement rings are less expensive compared to their round cut counterparts because there is less wastage in the creation of these diamonds. This is a great quality to look for especially if you are working on a tight budget.
- Astounding Design: The square classic shape of a princess cut diamond makes it a very extraordinary engagement ring. They are considered to be a modern shape which is mostly preferred. This element makes it easier for the princess cut diamonds to be incorporated into different settings and styles which give you a lot of designs to choose from.
- Clarity: A princess cut diamond is almost similar to the round cut as it is a decent hider of the inclusions. Recommended clarity on this diamond is a VS2 or SI1 which should be confirmed clean to the naked eye.
- Durability: Princess cut diamonds fall short when it comes to this quality, compared to the round ones. This is caused by the square-shaped outlook that can easily chip hence the need to always protect it with prongs. Even though the round diamonds are likely to chip, they do not have a weak point as it is with the princess cut diamonds.
Princess cut diamonds or moissanites are quite versatile, here are some of the stunning options you can have;
- Solitaire: A princess cut solitaire can be placed parallel to the ring band. It is held securely by prongs so that it doesn’t fall off.
- Chanel set: Here the stones are set into a band itself rather than be held by prongs. Because the stones are square, they are aligned close to each other without any gaps bringing out a shimmery diamond fire.
- Three stone design: Princess cut diamonds are set with other gemstones for added brilliance. This frequency features only three stones using small variations of princess cut diamonds, emeralds, or even baguettes.
- Diamond with other stones: A princess cut diamond can be used as the center stone accentuated with other gemstones like sapphires, rubies, and amethysts.
Wrapping up, the above features are all you need to know about princess cut diamond engagement rings. This being a great decision to make, just don’t rush it. Availability of great designs and awesome settings, engagement ring shopping can seem overwhelming. Don’t panic, we are here to guide you in making the right decision and choosing an emblem to share with future generations. Trust your gut feeling and all other things will flow.