Attaining the perfect pout can be a challenge. However, with the right tools and products, you can learn how to get luscious lips. Once you have mastered the basics, you’ll feel more confident trying out different types of lipstick knowing it will last longer and look better.
- Get yourself a plumping lip gloss from somewhere like City Lips. It’s one of the best ways to make your lips look fuller and reduce any unsightly lines that you may have.
- Exfoliate. You can make you own lip scrub at home by mixing sugar and olive oil. Gently massage it onto your lips for a few minutes and voila – super soft lips that are ready to go.
- Moisturise. Applying lipstick to dry lips can be disastrous. It can look flaky and will wear off quickly. However, this can be avoided by moisturizing them before applying lipstick. Use your favorite lip balm or some coconut oil and get you lips feeling sexy.
- Use concealer. If you are applying a matte lipstick and want to get the exact color, then applying concealer first will help you. It creates a blank canvas so the color will really pop. This works great with bold shades and helps your lips stand out. It can also be used after application if you make any mistakes or the color bleeds outside the line.
- Line up. You should always use a lip liner to get the best look for your lipstick or gloss. It creates a sharp outline and makes your lips look fuller and more luscious. Find a lip liner in the same shade as your lipstick, and line your lips with it. After you have done this, fill in the rest of your lip with the same liner pencil. This helps the lipstick last longer and also adds to the intense look.
- Don’t rub your lips together. As tempting as it can be to do this, it can have a terrible effect on matte lipstick. A lip brush can be a great way to spread the color more evenly and help to avoid the texture problems that can be caused by rubbing your lips. You can also use a piece of good quality tissue to help blot away any excess lipstick.
- Don’t be afraid of color. Now you know how to prepare your lips; you can play around with different colors and textures. You could buy lip gloss or try a sheer lipstick for a change. There are even products that come with a clear topcoat to lock your lipstick color in so it won’t fade during wear.
- Avoid heavy eyes with a bold lip. You want the focus to be on your mouth, so keep the rest of your makeup neutral and muted. A great look can be a simple slick of mascara and some barely-there blush which make your lips stand out even more.
- Finally, invest in some good quality products to make the whole process easier. Lip brushes and balms are worth splashing out on so you can let your lips do the talking.