There are days for any mum when you feel what you really need is several hours in a spa and an expert massage. Unless you’re a film star, it’s probably just a dream to have that on tap, but you could partly enjoy it with a massage chair.
Massage chairs have been around for some time, and earlier models had drawbacks, but the technology has vastly improved over the past decade or so. They’re popular all over the world — the BBC highlights how big they are in Singapore and other parts of Asia.
Like hands-on massage, a good massage chair can offer an impressive range of health benefits, from stress reduction to quicker healing from pulled muscles. As the Telegraph reported, they were incorporated into Britain’s first supermarket for the elderly.
It’s important to find not only a quality massage chair, but the right kind for your needs. If you’re unsure, back2.co.uk are a massage chair supplier with a range of chairs to choose from.
Five Kinds of Massage Chair
Back2 offers a number of brands and types of massage chair. These include:
- The Alpha Techo AT-90 is a basic, affordable massage chair offering a range of effective settings. It’s perfect if what you mainly want is to relax and de-stress, although it offers more advanced benefits. All the family can enjoy a massage from this chair.
- The Inada FED-500, on the other hand, offers a high-end, comprehensive range of massage features and techniques, including shiatsu and rhythmic acupressure, either pre-programmed or customised.
- The Human Touch ThermoStretch™ HT-275 combines heat and stretching techniques to offer a head-to-toe massage that can relieve stress, back pain and sore muscles.
- The BackSaver Zero Gravity Massage Chair incorporates zero-gravity technology which was developed by NASA for their astronauts. The chair can benefit your sleep pattern, spinal health and blood pressure, among other things.
- The Panasonic EP-MA59 Reclining Massage Chair represents a new generation of chairs, combining relaxation and ergonomic functions with a comprehensive suite of massage techniques, using automatic or voice guide systems. And, like all these chairs, it’s a beautiful piece of furniture that will look great in your home.
Prices range, reflecting the sophistication levels, but a basic massage chair should be within anyone’s reach. More advanced models represent a major investment, but as Janine Huldie points out, “Anyone who’s suffered from debilitating back pain will know that technology allowing you to lead a reasonably normal life is valuable beyond price.”
You and the whole family get to enjoy better health and feel more relaxed and invigorated as you face the stresses of life.