I started to write a post about how rubbish 2011 was and about all of the negative things that have happened, when I stopped myself. If there’s one thing that the last year has taught me, it’s that I’m grateful for every day that passes and that we’re lucky just to be here. So I thought I’d write a little post about what 2012 represents to my past, present and future.
- This month marks 6 years since I left home and moved in with my friends. The first time I ever really struck out on my own and became a grown up!
- I met Husband in February 6 years ago and so much has happened in that time.
- I was just doing my sums and this year will mark SEVENTEEN years since I started secondary school and eleven years since I left – how can this be?!
- April will be time for us to decide whether we’re going to stay on in our current house, or look for somewhere new. Either way, we won’t be going far as we want to stay in this catchment area. It’s also two years since we got Happy, our hamster.
- May will be the month that our friends have their new baby, a second little man added to the family. We can’t wait to meet him!
- June will be my 28th birthday and rather than the gripping fear that I’ve had in previous years about getting older and that much closer to the big 3-0, I’m relishing the thought of enjoying every birthday that I’m fortunate enough to have.
- Husband’s birthday is in July and although he doesn’t like to celebrate, Sausage and I like to make a fuss of him.
- August is a big month for our family, 2012 will be six years since Husband and I got married, which falls the day after Sausage’s 4th birthday!
- I cannot quite believe it, but Sausage will be starting school this September and I reckon my little bright spark is going to well and truly flourish in an academic environment.
- October will be six years since we got Chuck and will be his 8th birthday. He may still be a bit rough around the edges (like trying to make love to any guests we have in the house), but he’s the best dog we could ever have hoped for.
- October will also be the 2nd anniversary of Mum’s the Word, two years of blogging completed!
- November and December will be the same flurry of Halloween, Bonfire Night, Christmas and New Year festivities and I plan to do a lot more baking and partying in 2012!
I’m also looking forward to starting a much healthier life in 2012, along with starting a new module of my degree in a completely different subject than I’ve studied before, as well as much saving for our Disney trip and hopefully getting our new car and doing a lot of visiting and day-tripping. Oh, and I also have several tattoos planned this year too…
I’m exhausted already!
What do you have planned for 2012? Oh, and Happy New Year everyone!